Friday, May 31, 2013

New York!

YAY! We just got back from our New York trip on Monday. Even though we were only gone Thursday- Monday it seemed like so much longer. And we were really only in the city for three days. It was an exhausting trip.
 First of all I was extremely grateful that I didn't have to work on Thursday because I hadn't even started packing and it pretty much took me all day to get ready. I would have definitely made us late! But it wouldn't have mattered because our flight was delayed for two hours! It wasn't too bad though. Since Hartsfield is a huge airport we all found food we wanted to eat, met a nice soldier, and played some UNO.
Then when we were finally in NY and out of the airport a shuttle came and picked us up to bring us to the hotel. I have never seen traffic so crazy at an airport. People cut others off, it was at a complete standstill for no reason, and everyone was honking even though no one could go anywhere. Our hotel wasn't anything fancy. We stayed in Flushing so that was pretty interesting...
 It's really hard thinking about what we did every day. While we were there the days went by really fast even though I was completely exhausted even when I woke up. We did a lot of stuff everyday too, mostly A LOT of walking. We did the NBC studio tour, did pretty much everything in Times Square, road the Subway, went to the 9/11 memorial, ate at some amazing places (magnolias bakery has the best apple juice in the universe), did a lot of shopping, and we went to see Annie! I think my favorite part was probably seeing Annie. Not only because Jane Lynch was Miss Hannigan but because the music was just so good! I love stuff like that!
 I am super glad that we went to NY and so happy that Seth and his mom were able to come with us. However, it will be a LONG time before I will ever be ready to go back! There are just way too many people there (and they told us it was the slow season)!
 Obviously these aren't all the pictures I took but I've already posted them all on fb.

this picture looks crazy...Ot's me and my dear dad on our first subway ride :)

The star wars convention was in town

Being silly on the subway with Seth & his mommy

Central Park!

It's the cast list of Annie! You can't really see it but Jane Lynch's name is in the second column

 Me and my mom in line to see Annie!



All of these three were taken at the Hard Rock in NYC

9/11 Memorial

St. Francis? The church that was really involved in helping during 9/11...that's the building behind us


On top of the Empire State Building

Radio City Music Hall... We didn't actually go in but we used it as a landmark to get around town!

No comments:

Post a Comment