Friday, August 15, 2014

Catching Up

So.... it's definitely been almost a year since I last blogged, and that was only because I had to for school! oops.
When I started blogging I thought that this would be a good forum for me to speak freely, since I don't think many people would read it anyways, kind of like on online diary. I also thought I would like to start blogging now and keeping an account of the things that happen in my life so that as I get married and have children that I would have already had this as an established habit to write down the seemingly unimportant things that are actually what make life so great.
That was the idea.
But ya know, life happened. I thought about things that I would like to express my feelings on and I still have topics that I would like to "discuss", I just never got on my computer to write.
Anyways, a lot has happened over the past 10 months. Most seem insignificant because while a lot has changed, to the naked eye nothing has changed. I am still in school (my fourth year but not my senior year, yet!), I still live at home with my parents, and Seth and I are still together. So while mostly things are the same around here, there have been a lot of changes too! I feel like this year has been the year that I have done the most maturing. Although it may sound cliche, I really feel like I am truly starting to discover who I am. Everyday I grow more confident in my decision to enter the medical field as a nurse, although I am a little nervous about how everything is going to turn out with school. I feel like I am learning about myself constantly. I am learning about how much self control I have, which is a lot actually, what my character traits are, what I am good and bad at, and the type of people I need to have in my life to be the best person I can be. I am always trying to do something new to improve myself. Seth is probably so tired of me saying "I think I am going to try to do this" whatever this may be. We have joined a gym and are currently working on the best plan to cook at home so we are eating healthy meals and saving money. I started reading for pleasure. I never knew reading could be enjoyable! I am trying to help others more even if it goes unnoticed. I have also been making an effort to try and watch my attitude and words no matter what kind of mood I am in, which is truly #thestruggle.
Probably the most important thing that I have been learning this year is to really trust God. I am one that needs to know what's going on and when it's going to happen. So not knowing if I am going to school in the spring and if so where will I be going or when Seth and I will be able to support ourselves so that we don't have to rely so much on others anymore or why people are making what I consider to be extremely poor decisions over and over again despite seeking counsel from others; those are things I have learned that I can't control. I can't control time or another person. I can only control myself and live how I believe God calls me to live and try to enjoy every moment that has been given to me.
However, this is still a struggle for me. Sometimes I catch myself with a clenched jaw or grasping the steering wheel just a little too tight while I am thinking about something and just turning it over and over in my mind.
...................................................................................................................................................................
Enough of the deep stuff.
I am just having a good time in my 20s.
I am ready to be done with school and move on with my life!
I really hope these next two years fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment